Overland, Underland | Paige Quinn
Paige Quinn’s paintings draw from personal memories as well as culturally embedded
themes of ecological spirituality, femininity and presence. In her artwork, Paige has been
exploring the idea of reuniting and reconnecting with nature, either in relationships, in death, or in bodily transformation. The figures in her paintings are caught in the act of transformation and spiritual catharsis, becoming whole again as they connect to the earth and other creatures. They move and blend with their background in a process to become closer spiritually with the unknown. The arches in the artworks allude to the turning of life and how everything that comes from the earth must again return to the earth. Paige’s paintings often draw from her experience tree planting in Northern British Columbia and her background in Ecology.
About Paige Quinn
Paige Quinn is a self-taught artist who currently lives and works in Guelph, ON. Her
artworks are inspired by spending large amounts of time outdoors studying the unusual shapes in nature, as well as the weird and wonderful characters who inhabit her consciousness. Her technical background is in ecology, which has greatly influenced her practice. She is looking forward to her upcoming artist residency this February at Artscape Gibraltar Point, Toronto Island.
1. The wedding pt.2 (the funeral), 16" x 20", oil on canvas, 2021, $400
2. The wedding, 16" x 20", oil on canvas, 2021, $400
3. Not the prayer, but the prayer, 9" x 7", oil on canvas, 2021, $150
4. High level, 20" x 20", oil and acrylic on canvas, 2021, $450
5. The mushroom gatherers, 20" x 20", oil and acrylic on canvas, 2021, $450
6. The arch, 16" x 20", oil on canvas, 2021, $400
7. The sun of the earth, 30" x 30", oil on canvas, 2021, $1000
SHOW JANUARY 24 - FEBRUARY 6 2022